Blackboard User Guides (PDF format)
- Getting Started for Course Content: Download
This is a quick-start guide for adding and editing course content
- Getting Started with the Blackboard Course Environment: Download
This is a quick-start guide for the course environment
- Getting Started with Assignments: Download
- Getting Started with Building Tests: Download
- Getting Started with Groups: Download
- Getting Started with the Grade Center: Download
The following resources are available on Blackboard's On Demand Learning Site.
These Resources include video tutorials that demonstrate many valuable techniques and practices.
- Understanding and Building Your Course: View materials
- Communication and Collaboration: View materials
- Assessing Students: View materials
Copying Courses from Blackboard 7 to Blackboard 9
In Blackboard 7:
Go to the Control Panel in the course that you want to copy, and click on export/archive.
You will receive a confirmation that the request is being processed. When the archive is created, you will receive an email confirmation. Go back to the same link and you will now see a file that can be download. It is a zip file. Do not unpackage the zip file as you will need to upload it as a zip file.
In Blackboard 9:
Go to the Control Panel in the course you want to import the archive into and click on packages/utilities, then import package/view logs. Check all relevant boxes for content to import, then select the file (using browse) and click submit. There will be a delay, then you will receive a message that processes has been queued.
After the import is complete, go to Customization, tool availability, and check Assignments, Tests, and Survey. The import turns these functions off in content folders.
- Open up web browser and navigate the following web address:
- Enter your username (example: jsmith)
- Enter your password (same password you use to access your UNH e-mail account. Please note, passwords are case-sensitive)
- Click Ok to log onto the site
- Click user Login.
- Usernames do not contain ‘@newhaven.edu’ in the name.
- Your password for UNH Faculty e-mail, Matrix and Blackboard are the same and are case-sensitive. Please be sure your caps lock is turned off.
- Pop-up blocking software will need to be disabled or set to allow pop-ups on our site in order for the software to function properly. Please ensure that your pop-up software allows pop-ups from 'Newhaven.edu'.
- When logging onto Blackboard, you may need to prefix your username with unh\ (example: unh\jsmith1)
- You may need to delete your temporary internet files from your web browser.