Students at the University of New Haven have begun a special Green Team. The Team will focus on creating new green initiatives for students on campus and promote green efforts through various on- and off-campus events.
The Green Team meets every week, meeting times for the Spring Semester: Mondays at 4:30pm in Kaplan 106.
Please see below for the new executive board for the UNH Green Team!
I served as vice president on my high school "Green Team", and I feel that we helped make our school a lot more environmentally friendly. Some of our accomplishments included raising the money for compost bins in our cafeteria and using friendly competitions to enforce the use of them. We also established contacts with local organic food producers in order to do a "taste test" of their foods with the students. If the students liked the foods, they were then able to sign a petition to get these foods incorporated into our lunch menu. This project was such a success that our cafeteria is now beginning to purchase from local food producers. I have many more ideas to make our college campus more environmentally friendly that I believe could be made successful with the right efforts and direction.
I have many ideas and a good message that I would like to get out to all UNH students about our planet and how we could improve our existence on it by lengthening our Earth's lifespan. I was an activist in high school for environmental and human rights and I was also Treasurer of two successful clubs. I feel that I would be able to stir-up "pro-Green" feelings around campus and create more motivated environmentalist attitudes thus establishing a more eco-friendly University.
Sergeant at Arms
Green Team Activities
- Residents of Savin, Main Street and Forest Hills should check your email to find out about Sunday morning recycle pickups.
- Recycling Bin Decorating will be March 23 at 9:30pm
- Seniors: Return your Graduation Gown tags to the UNH Green Team to help support environmental initiatives on campus. Green Team gets $1 for every tag collected. Stay tuned for more info about a March 26 trip to Sleeping Giant State Park.
- Other Upcoming Events include Earth Day on April 22. Activities are TBA.
- Stay tuned for future activities.