The Math Zone

An Innovation in Learning Mathematics

The Math Zone provides a student-centered education experience in mathematics that is targeted to each student's unique learning style. The Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall, and is a part of the Department of Mathematics. 

The Math Zone seeks to create an individualized educational experience wherein students learn with the support of math instructors and tutors. In addition to the guidance provided by dedicated faculty, student mastery will be supplemented by a learning platform that quickly adapts to areas where students demonstrate mastery of topics and moves on to deliver precise instruction and support to subjects where a student is having difficulty.

Math Zone Success Stories

Our goal is student success

The faculty will provide students with mini-lectures, support through guided practice and assistance with navigating the software. They will monitor student progress and guide them in the mathematics learning process. 

The Math Zone is an innovation in mathematics education, merging e-learning technology with direct teaching methods to enhance student success.

Important Details for Students to Know
Hey! Did you know that you could track the availability of computers at the Math Zone while on campus? Use the following link:
Math Zone Available Computers

Use the the list below to select the area for which you need more information.

If you are taking a math class run through the Math Zone, and have any questions regarding your class, please contact the Math Zone Coordinator.

Feedback

The new and improved Math Zone is re-launching in the Fall of 2014. We welcome your feedback - please use this form to contact the Department of Mathematics. Thank you.
  1. Hours of Operation

Located in North Hall (adjacent to Echlin Hall)

Fall 2014 Hours
    Mon.-Thurs.: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.