The Math Zone

Day time, frontal view, of the new Math Zone building and the landscaping around it
The Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall.

An Innovation in Learning Mathematics

The Math Zone provides a non-traditional education experience in mathematics that is targeted to each student's unique learning style. The Math Zone is located in the new, state-of-the-art Math Learning Center in North Hall, directly adjacent to Echlin Hall, and is a part of the Department of Mathematics. 

The Math Zone seeks to create an individualized educational experience where students learn with the support of math instructors and tutors. In addition to the guidance provided by dedicated faculty, your mastery will be supplemented by a learning platform that quickly adapts to areas where students demonstrate mastery of topics and moves on to deliver precise instruction and support to subjects where a student is having difficulty.

Our goal is student success

The faculty are there not only to answer the math questions students have, but to monitor student progress and to guide them in the mathematics learning process. 

The Math Zone is an innovation in mathematics education, merging e-learning technology with traditional teaching methods to enhance student success.

Important Details for Students to Know

If you are taking a math class run through the Math Zone, and have any questions regarding your class, please contact the Math Zone Coordinator.

Use the the list below to select the area for which you need more information.

Trefoil Knot
Throughout the Math Zone webpages, you will see this symbol (a trefoil knot) in the left column. To return to the Math Zone main page, simply click it.

Feedback

The new and improved Math Zone is re-launching in the Fall of 2014. We welcome your feedback - please use this form to contact the Department of Mathematics. Thank you.

1. Hours of Operation

Located in North Hall (adjacent to Echlin Hall)

Academic Year
    Mon. - Thurs.: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
    Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Summer II (7/1 to 8/16)
    Mon. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Tues. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
    Wed. 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
    Thurs. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    Fri. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.