Cellular & Molecular Biology

The Master of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology is ideal for students who want to pursue or advance careers in the rapidly expanding fields of biotechnology, basic science, and pharmacological research. 

With constant new discoveries in cellular and molecular biology, an undergraduate degree is no longer enough to keep you advancing professionally. Our program, with its strong emphasis on biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, gives students the advanced training they need to succeed in these groundbreaking fields.

The program has both thesis and non-thesis options. Students who elect the thesis option must carry out an original thesis research project under the guidance of departmental faculty. Students choosing a non-thesis option are required to take a written comprehensive exam in addition to laboratory coursework. The comprehensive exam will assess understanding of the coursework and evaluate one’s ability to synthesize research and theory in the field of cellular and molecular biology and to present this information in an effective written format.

The central curriculum prepares you for an exciting future by stressing both the technical and conceptual aspects of a number of scientific specialties, including the following subject areas:

• Biochemistry
  • Cell biology
  • Genomics
  • Molecular biology

You will learn the full spectrum of professional techniques in our fully equipped labs so that you graduate with the confidence and ability to act as an independent scientist.

Certificate in Bioinformatics

The 15-credit certificate program in bioinformatics provides a practical, hands-on approach to computer applications in molecular biology.

1. Certificates

1. General information

With constant new discoveries in cellular and molecular biology, an undergraduate degree is no longer enough to keep you advancing professionally. Our program, with its strong emphasis on biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, gives students the advanced training they need to succeed in these groundbreaking fields. The program has both thesis and non-thesis options. Students who elect the thesis option must carry out an original thesis research project under the guidance of departmental faculty. Students choosing a non-thesis option are required to take a written comprehensive exam in addition to laboratory coursework. The comprehensive exam will assess understanding of the coursework and evaluate one’s ability to synthesize research and theory in the field of cellular and molecular biology and to present this information in an effective written format.
  2. Bioinformatic Certificate

The certificate can be completed either within the CMB program or as a stand-alone credential.

Find Us On