Experience the Program

Our Culture

We have a strong culture within the MAIOP program. Students invest in not only their own academic and professional growth but in each other’s. Students engage in activities to develop holistically through diverse learning opportunities both on and off campus.

MAIOP Mentoring Program

Students come to the program from all over the country with different backgrounds. One way we ease the transition into graduate school is through an informal mentoring program where we pair incoming students with a second year student. Students are matched based on similar interests and goals. In addition to informal advisement on the program, mentors also offer practical advice, useful information about the grad school experience and knowledge about the community. 

Professional Development

Many students attend professional development events all over the northeast! With the abundance of professional society chapters in Connecticut, New York and Boston areas, students have a several opportunities to network and capitalize on their graduate school experience. Professional networks include: Society of Human Resource Management, Association of Training and Development, Metropolitan New York Association of Applied Psychology and The Organization Development Network of New York.

Work-Life Balance

It wouldn’t be an IO Psychology Program without work-life balance! Although students have graduate assistantships, internships, jobs and of course, school, there is always time for fun. The program holds mixers at the end of every semester with faculty to celebrate our accomplishments and have fun! Scroll through the album below to see what our students do when they are engaging in outside activities.  

Click Here to view our photo gallery!