Sigma Tau Delta

Sigma Tau Delta, the International English Honor Society, celebrates the passion for language, literature, and creative writing.  Our chapter, Alpha Sigma Theta, was established in 2011 to recognize the outstanding work of our students and to foster opportunities for our majors to engage with one another, our faculty, and other chapters in the field of English studies.

Membership in the Honor Society is available to students who have met the following requirements:

• completed a minimum of two college courses in English language or literature beyond the freshman writing sequence
  • maintained a B average in English courses
  • have a GPA of a B or higher
  • have completed three semesters of college course work  

Sigma Tau Delta Students and Advisor posing for a group photo

As members, students have access to the many publication, conference, service, and internship opportunities offered by the national organization in addition to participating in the UNH chapter's activities.  Our chapter sponsors events such as film nights and readings of creative works and participates in service endeavors that draw attention to language, literature, and creative writing in our community and on our campus.  Members gain valuable experience with activity planning, have the opportunity to run for office in their second year of membership, and work closely with faculty co-sponsors, Dr. Randall Horton and Dr. Diane Russo, to promote the organization's mission.

2013-2014 Officers:
President: Katie Edwards
Vice President: Meghan Makowski
Secretary: Colby Thammavongsa
Treasurer: Allison Ramsdell

2013-2014 Committee Chairs:
Fundraising: Tanya Springvloed
Event-Planning: Kaitlyn Frakl

If you are interested in applying for membership, please contact Dr. Randall Horton at RHorton@newhaven.edu or Dr. Diane Russo at DRusso@newhaven.edu.