Career Placement for Marine Biology

Career Placement

• Students graduate with hands-on knowledge of the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace, including various laboratory/field sampling and data analysis techniques as well as competence in geographical information systems.
  • Faculty relationships with industry professionals enhance students’ opportunities for possible internships and potential employment.
  • UNH marine biology students have the opportunity to intern at the Norwalk Aquarium, the Mystic Aquarium, the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, Schooner, the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, and the Sound School.
  • Students graduating from the marine biology program have found successful employment at aquariums, environmental agencies, and schools.

Graduate School

• Students in our program have successfully gone on to pursue advanced studies in marine biology at graduate schools.
  • Access to graduate study is enhanced by our faculty’s research and by our academic relationships with a variety of institutions and professional organizations.
  1. Blaze Your Path

Our Career Development Center offers full career development services to help our students, as well as our alumni, learn how to effectively manage and develop their careers.