Marine Biology Faculty & Resources

Faculty and Resources

• Our faculty members are regionally, nationally, and internationally known within their respective fields and are involved in externally funded research within a small-school setting. Students benefit by participating in this research and by having frequent, high-quality contact with their instructors.
  • UNH has an association with the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point. This preserve, which serves as one of our field stations, has laboratory facilities, a 600-acre salt marsh, and a large beachfront, all located on Long Island Sound at the mouth of the Housatonic River. Students take classes and are encouraged to conduct research at this site.
  • UNH owns its own marsh, the Banca Marsh, located in Branford, Conn., where students study coastal marsh dynamics and eco-communities.
  • Students have the opportunity to take a tropical marine biology course offered by our faculty at the Gerace Tropical Research Station on San Salvador Island in the Bahamas.
  • UNH has an association with the Sound School in New Haven. This school’s aquaculture facilities are available to our students for projects, courses, and internships.

Awards and Recognition

• The UNH program in marine biology is recognized as the only program in the Northeast with a dual focus on biotechnology and environmental issues.
  • The marine biology program is licensed by the Connecticut Department of Higher Education. The University of New Haven is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and holds numerous accreditations from individual societies and organizations.

Program Faculty

Program Support Staff