Clubs and Organizations

UNH students are involved with a capital “I.” With over 170 clubs and activities on campus, it’s easy to join and make a contribution. Whether you wish to run live audio, become a DJ for a night, join the band, or be a Rock-n-Roll star, there are many extracurricular opportunities for you.

• SCOPE (Student Committee of Programming and Events) is the student-run programming organization made up of several committees: Comedy and Lecture, Day Programming, Film, Special Events, Technology, and Weekend Programming. Our committee heads plan unique, exciting, and new programs for the enjoyment of the entire student body, including Inflatable Fun Fest, Rock-n-Roll Week, The Price Is Right, and the annual 
  • Spring Concert, Spring Festival, and Halloween Haunted House SCOPE also hosts weekly movies, a   monthly Bean house, a variety of performers, and a plethora of off-campus trips. Rock-n-Roll Week is  designed to entertain the student body through music. It culminates at the end of the week with our annual Spring Concert. That is one of the most popular opportunities for music students to become involved. SCOPE does everything from booking the bands to promoting the event. Over the years, we have had Wyclef Jean, The Black Eyed Peas, Third Eye Blind, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Lifehouse, Ludacris, Hot Chelle Rae and Krewella. 
  • Charger Pep Band was started in 1997. If you can play an instrument, we’re interested. If you can play it loud, you must join! 
  • MIC (Music Industry Club) runs music-related activities on campus. Shows booked by MIC are held on various locations across campus including the German Club, Bucknall Theater, and the Bixler/Botwinik Quad. The club also hosts an annual Battle of the Bands on campus. 
  • Fully Charged is a student-run a cappella performance group at the University of New Haven. Launched in 2013, the singing group holds auditions for new members each year. 
  • Gospel Choir is a hands-on exploration of the history, message and purpose of Gospel music. Students learn about the many characteristics and dimensions of Gospel. Additionally, students have opportunities to travel throughout Connecticut to participate in live performances, thus putting their learning into practice. 
  • Audio Engineering Society at UNH is one of the largest and most active student chapters in America. The Audio Engineering Society is the world’s largest organization of professionals from all areas of the audio and music technology world and includes audio engineers, producers, mixers, equipment designers, researchers, broadcast engineers, programmers, live sound engineers, audiologists and many more. The UNH section of the AES meets weekly during the Fall and Spring semesters. Meetings include master classes, recording workshops, student recording critiques, ear training and event planning. The section also attends the annual International Convention of the AES, professional AES meetings in New York and other trips to recording studios and points of interest throughout the year.