Political Science

Politics is about making choices. It’s about leading change, fighting for justice, bridging differences, and building community.

The political science program at the University of New Haven will develop your leadership, critical thinking, and networking skills. You'll take courses where you'll do research with real policymakers, you'll discuss current events over coffee, or participate in the department-advised Model United Nations club and Political Science Organization. And you'll have access to a variety of internship opportunities in Washington, D.C., New York and Hartford.
Secretary of the State of Connecticut Denise Merrill
February 10, 2015: Mayor Toni Harp

Dive into Politics!

The best way to learn about politics is to experience it through first-hand interaction with leaders in the field. Recent events on the UNH campus have included Connecticut's Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of State, and the mayors of New Haven and West Haven.

Our students get real-world, hands-on experience by participating in the political process. They've been on panels discussing the drinking age and the Affordable Care Act, conducted exiting polling, and more!

View Photos of Past Events >>

Don't just take our word for it: the evidence is in seeing our students and professors in action. Right here on this page we'll post weekly collections of our widely-varied posts using the widget below. You can join the conversation on various social networks using the hashtag #UNHPoliSci

Like NewHavenPoliSci on Facebook and follow us on TwitterEven if you're not a political science major, you have something to contribute!

Join the Conversation with @NewHavenPoliSci and #UNHPoliSci:

1. Program Description