UNH Model United Nations

UNH MUN is a student-driven program that focuses on developing the next generation of international and domestic leaders.

UNH's Model United Nations group photo

Each year, UNH MUN trains students in the art of diplomacy, perspective-taking, speech, persuasion, strategic thinking, and problem-solving with the ultimate goal of competing in various National MUN conference competitions including those in New York, Washington D.C., and Japan.

Model United Nations is a cooperative, hands-on learning experience that allows students to confront a range of international issues with the perspective of their assigned country. Through a variety of experiences (research, preparations, committee sessions, hallway discussions, public speaking) students develop an appreciation of differing points of view, experience the challenges of negotiation, see the rewards of cooperation, expand their world view, and discover the human side of international relations and diplomacy (NMUN 2013).

Join our winning team!

UNH MUN is a 3 unit course (PSCI 2244) open to students of all majors and is taught by Dr. Chris Haynes (Political Science) and Dr Christy Smith (Public Administration). UNH MUN meetings are held weekly on Thursday evenings beginning at 6 PM in the Bartels Student Activity Center (BSAC).  Any and all are welcome to attend!!  Just drop on by, introduce yourself, and dive in!!

For more information, please contact UNH MUN Director Dr. Chris Haynes at You can also click on these links to check out our Model UN website and Facebook page.

1. Join The Team!

For more information, please contact Dr. Chris Haynes at
  1. Prospective Students