Career Placement for Psychology

Internships

In the Community Psychology program, we strive to individualize internship experiences, so that they are responsive to the student’s professional goals and background. Students plan their internships in collaboration with both the Community Psychology program coordinator and their supervisor from the internship setting. The Greater New Haven area is extraordinarily rich in settings that offer opportunities for high-quality training in community psychology.
Undergraduate internships
r' Kids Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services (IRIS)
Albert J. Solnit Psychiatric Center Judicial Branch, State of Connecticut
APT Foundation Larry Albert House (Community Solutions)
Bridgeport Juvenile Review Board Madison Youth and Family Services
Children's Center of Hamden Martha's Place
Dixwell-Newhalville Community Mental Health Services New Haven Family Alliance
Ebony Horsewomen New Haven Home Recovery
Family Centered Services of CT Shoreline Wellness Center
Hartford House (Community Solutions) Substance Abuse Treatment Unit (Connecticut Mental Health Center)

Career Placement

Widely varied social service, business, and industry settings offer employment choices to psychology majors based on their particular focus or experience.

Graduate School

Many psychology majors continue their studies at the graduate level, pursuing degrees in business, human resources, criminal justice, human and social services, social work, or clinical psychology. The Psychology Department offers two graduate degrees in the field: the master of arts in community psychology and the master of arts in industrial/organizational psychology.

1. Blaze Your Path

Our Career Development Center offers full career development services to help our students, as well as our alumni, learn how to effectively manage and develop their careers.