Sophomore and Junior level Engineering students are eligible to apply for financial assistance through A Scholarship Program to Increase Retention in Engineering (ASPIRE): Improving Work-Study-Life Balance, a 5-year grant funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM).
This program provides grants to institutions of higher education to support scholarships for academically talented students demonstrating financial need, enabling them to enter the STEM workforce or STEM graduate school following completion of an associate, baccalaureate, or graduate-level degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics disciplines.
Eligibility for the scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Citizen of the United States, national of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;
- Enrolled full time in an engineering program during award period (at least 12 credit hours each semester and complete at least 24 credit hours for the academic year);
- Demonstrate financial need, defined by the US Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid;
- Be majoring in: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology or System Engineering.
- Sophomore or junior level (27 to 86 credits) students in good standing with the TCoE (GPA of at least 3.0).
The awarding of the ASPIRE scholarship will be granted using a point-based matrix that includes the following criteria: financial need, academic success, academic potential, underrepresented group, co-curricular activities and potential impact.
To apply for the ASPIRE scholarship, please click here to download an application in PDF format.
If you have any other questions, please email email@example.com.