Guido L. Petra and Diane F. Petra Group Exercise Room (Studio 204)
Dr. Nicholas V. Perricone Group Exercise Room (Studio 205)
Two group fitness studios are located on the second level of the David. A. Beckerman Center. The Fitness Studios are home to ChargerREC GroupX. Click on the following link for specific information about ChargerREC GroupX classes and schedules. http://www.newhaven.edu/ChargerREC/fitness_wellness/
Drop-In and Reserved Studio Use
- UNH groups wishing to request facility space must request space via EMS.
- When not reserved for programming or events Studio 204 will be available for Member drop-in use.
- During drop-in use, Members must share the space. Groups are not permitted monopolize the space. Music and activities may not interfere with other Member’s abilities to utilize the space.
- Appropriate non-marking, closed toe/heel footwear is required. No dress shoes, boots or bare feet. Sneakers are strongly recommended.
- Appropriate athletic attire must be worn at all times. Generally, this consists of closed-toe athletic shoes, athletic pants or shorts, and a t-shirt, sweatshirt or tank top. Revealing/inappropriate clothing and jeans are not permitted.
- Members are not permitted access to GroupX equipment
- Groups with reserved times in the Studios will have access to the sound system. Groups will have access to the external audio jack and volume control only. Groups will not have access to the internal controls. Groups must supply their own audio cable.
- Members or groups who are using the Studios for drop-in use are not permitted access to the sound system as it impacts other Member’s abilities to utilize the space. If Member’s or groups wish to utilize music for their drop-in workout they may provide their own boom box or sound docking system as long as it does not impact with other Member’s abilities to utilize the space.
- All equipment must remain in the studios and must be returned to its proper location after use. Equipment from other areas may not be brought into the studios.
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it is designed. Members may not attempt to modify equipment.
- Groups or members doing heavy footed workouts or dances (ex. Plyometrics, stepping, etc) during office hours (Monday-Friday 9am – 5pm) will be asked to move to a different location.