Director of Campus Recreation
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, 2001
Master’s Degree in Exercise and Sport Science
- University of Wisconsin – Madison,1999
Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science
- Centers, LLC @ The University of New Haven
2007 – Present:
Director of Campus Recreation at the University of New Haven
Beginning in the fall of 2007 Mike Schneider was the first professional staff member to arrive at UNH. Prior to the opening of the $15.5 million Beckerman Center, he was responsible for starting the department of campus recreation. Currently the department consists of 4 full time staff, 2 graduate assistants, and over 90 part time student employees. Part of Schneider’s direct duties include the
management of the 56,500 square foot David A. Beckerman Recreation Center (opened January 2008). The new facility features 3 activity courts, 2 group fitness studios, an indoor track, 2 racquetball courts, and over 6,000 square feet of fitness space. The facility is a true quality of life improvement to the campus and student usage continues to rise.
- The University of Missouri, Department of Campus Recreation (MizzouREC)
2002 – 2007
Originally hired as the Facilities Coordinator in 2002, Schneider played a key role in the 2005 $43 million renovation and expansion of the Student Recreation Complex at the University of Missouri. In his facilities role, Schneider’s key responsibilities included management of the 293,000 square foot complex, the outdoor turf fields, and direct oversight to a 4 court sand volleyball court project. In addition to his vast facilities experience, Schneider also provided direct oversight to the student employee program consisting of over 300 student employees.
- Planning Committee, (NIRSA Facilities Institute, 2012)
- Presenter on "Facility Start-Up: From Ground Breaking to Grand Opening", (NIRSA 2010 and NIRSA Facilities Institute 2012).
- Presenter on "Risk Management, Are you covered?", (NIRSA Region I, 2010)
- Presenter on “How New Rec Facilities are Enhancing Student Life on Campus” at the 2009 NIRSA annual conference. (April 2009, Charlotte, NC)
- Chair of the 2007 Games Management Team for the Special Olympics State Summer Games. (May 2007, Columbia, MO)
- 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Volunteer & Site Coordinator for the Special Olympic State Summer Games (Columbia, MO)
- Co-Presenter on “The Impact of Facility Design on Staffing” at the NIRSA Facilities Institute. (October 2005, Minneapolis, MN)
- Presenter on “Investing in Student Success” at the Big XII convention. (September 2005, Columbia, MO)