The Office of International and Experiential Learning will coordinate flights for students spending a semester at the Tuscany Campus. All students arrive and depart on the same flight. While the Office books the flights and sends students their reservation numbers, students are responsible for the cost of their flights.
Upon your arrival in Italy, Prato staff will meet you at the airport and provide transportation for you and your luggage to your housing location. The same return service is provided on departure day. Once you’ve arrived, Prato staff can help if you are having any problems with lost luggage.
In the two days after their arrival in Prato, students attend a number of mandatory orientation activities run by Prato staff. During these activities, aimed at helping students settle into the city, we discuss the following topics:
- Program Structure and Facilities
- Housing Tips and Policies
- Meal Plan
- Local, National and International Transport
- Permesso di Soggiorno (Permit to Stay) Immigration Processing
- Culture Shock and Intercultural Competence
- Health, Safety and Emergencies Protocol
The Orientation schedule also features a series of social activities so that students can get to know the area and one another:
- Prato City Walking Tour
- UNH Prato Group Welcome Dinner
- Half-Day Walking Tour of Florence
- UNH Prato Group Dinner in Florence in the Cathedral square