In order to join the Tuscany Program, all students must complete the UNH Application to Study Abroad. Students can begin this application by visiting the Program section of the website and visiting the Tuscany Campus brochure page.
You can begin the application by clicking ‘Apply Now’ from the program brochure page of the program you have selected. Follow these steps to complete your UNH Application to study abroad:
- Select program of interest and click “Apply Now” button from the program page
- You will be asked if you are a currently a UNH Student.
- If currently enrolled at UNH you will need to enter your UNH login credential and from there can begin the application
- If you are in incoming freshman, you must select “no” and you can create a profile by using a personal email address
- From here, you will see your application profile. You will see all the required materials to be read, completed and signed. Once you have completed or submitted the item, you will see it checked off in your profile. As part of the application, make sure you complete these important sections:
- Application Questionnaire: You will write several short responses explaining why you wish to study abroad and what you hope to gain from the experience
- Unofficial transcript: You can submit an unofficial copy of your transcript or if you are a current student, a print off from degree audit is also acceptable
- Course approval form: Download and print the form. Take this form to your meeting with an advisor to discuss classes you wish to take abroad, how those classes will transfer or apply toward your degree audit. If you are incoming freshman, the Study Abroad Office will help you get in touch with your advisor.
- Read the sections on Financial Policy and Application Agreements
Applications are accepted and approved on a rolling basis meaning that the sooner you turn complete and submit the application, the sooner you’ll be able to finalize your plans for your time abroad.
After completing your application and being accepted to the Tuscany program, there are a few other steps that need to be taken.
First, you must submit your Enrollment Commitment and Payment Agreement forms with a $500 deposit within two weeks of your acceptance to the Tuscany Campus program. This will secure your spot on the program.
Second you will need to submit the visa materials outlined below:
- A completed Long-Term Visa Application form
- Your passport and one other photo I.D.
- Proof of Financial Means
- If a non-US citizen, your green card or I-20 and a copy of either your F-1 or J-1 visa
- A pre-paid U.S. Postal Service envelope
*All items are further outlined in Italian Visa Document Checklist found in your Online Application Profile. All visa materials need to be submitted by 4 p.m. on October 29, 2012.
Finally, there are several other forms that UNH and the IEL Office will need to obtain before your time away, including:
- Emergency Contact Information form
- Health & Emergency Treatment Authorization form
- Statement of Responsibility Contract
These forms should be submitted to the IEL Office by November 12, 2012.