Location, location, location
The city of Prato is situated in the region of Tuscany in Central Italy. Prato’s central location within Tuscany makes it an ideal base for exploring all the important sights in the region: Pisa, Siena, Florence, Lucca, and the seaside are all a short train ride away
Prato has become well-known globally as Italy’s main center of textile production. But while it has the advantages of a major city (of about 200,000 people) Prato still retains the feel of a close-knit town.
Develop your Skills
While studying in Prato students will learn, visit, explore, taste and experience new and exciting things everyday. While learning both inside and outside the classroom students will develop skills that can only be enriched through the study abroad experience.
- Collaborate, communicate and problem-solve in a new environment
- Gain appreciation for new and different cultures
- Becoming independent by acclimating to life in another country
- Bond with students from across the globe
Spread your Wings
Studying abroad allows students to challenge themselves and step outside their comfort zones. In Prato, the knowledgeable faculty and staff will help students get the most out of their semester in Italy.
- Learn Italian- all students take an Italian language course
- Travel to new places with fellow students
- Take on an internship or volunteer in a local school
- Interact locally through family dinners and conversation exchanges