The University of New Haven has a rolling admissions process for part-time students. That means that we do not have specific deadlines. Applications are accepted and processed up until the start of the specific academic term. However, we strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.
All new students must submit an online admission application. When you get to the application menu you will see four application options. Select the "UNDERGRADUATE Part-Time or Visiting/Non-Degree Students" application. NOTE: When you click, it will open an application that says "Graduate & Adult Application for Admission" on the top. This is the correct application. There is no application fee to apply for part-time undergraduate admission.
1. complete: After completing the application you must be certain to click the "Submit" button on the BOTTOM of the "Final Step: Signature Page".
2. submit: Submit official transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended as well as an official copy of your high school transcript. A satisfactory General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is acceptable in place of a high school diploma. (If you have completed more than 24 college credits you do not have to submit your high school transcript.) If you are a veteran and have been in the military, please submit your official SMART transcripts
Transcripts should be sent to the following mailing address:
University of New Haven
Undergraduate Admissions Office
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED/PROCESSED:
- You will receive a letter from the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- A few days later you will receive two emails from the Office of Information Technology from insideUNH@newhaven.edu. The first one will include your unique university student ID number and your UNH Network password. The second one will include your login and UNH email address. (These emails are being sent to you separately for security reasons). This will give you access to your insideUNH portal account, through which you will gain access to all the technology resources you will need, including information on registration. (Former UNH students will not be receiving the emails but their previous accounts will be re-activated). If you have questions regarding your student ID number, password, login or email address please contact the Campus Card Office (203) 932-7062 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- According to Connecticut State Law (Public Act 89-90) all students born on or after January 1, 1957 who are entering an institution of higher education must show proof of having received immunizations. You must have an "Immunization Form" completed by your physician and submitted to the UNH Health Services Office by the first day of the academic term. Further "Part-Time Student Immunization Information" can be found on the Health Services webpage.