We’re here to help you prepare for the new WPE.
Workshop leaders will apprise you of changes to the WPE, help you understand the computerized setup, explore timed writing strategies to take advantage of the shorter duration, discuss alternatives to the five-paragraph essay that still allow for full development of your ideas, and assist you in understanding the new rubric. We’ll even include some feedback on your impromptu writing.
Attendance is capped at 25 people per session, so reserve a spot today by visiting: http://unh-web-01.newhaven.edu/accusl.
Fall 2013 WPE Workshop Series
Student Instructions for Making a CLR Appointment in AccuTrack
1. Go to the UNH AccuTrack® website at http://unh-web-01.newhaven.edu/accusl/.
2. You may be asked to install Microsoft Silverlight.
3. Select Login, and enter your UNH ID (e.g., 00123456) and password (the default password is your last name in all lower-case letters). Click OK.
4. Once logged in, select Seminars. This will generate a list of all Workshops/Seminars being offered in the CLR. Find the workshop or seminar you would like to attend and click the checkbox on the right side of the row.
5. After selecting your workshop or seminar, click Register to marked Seminar(s) in the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. A confirmation box will appear to let you know that you have been registered for the seminar you have selected.
Working individually with a tutor is an alternative way to prepare for the WPE. For your convenience, the Writing Lab is open from 9:30 AM-10:00 PM Monday-Thursday, 9:30 AM-2:30 PM on Friday, and 3:00-10:00 PM on Sunday. Tutors are available both on a walk-in and appointment basis. Since requests for WPE assistance significantly increase in the weeks before the exam, using the appointment system and allowing yourself enough time to prepare work to your advantage.