Taking Psychology to the Workplace
Do you want to do more with your interest and background in Psychology?
The M.A. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology at the University of New Haven offers an exciting, applied degree focused on the application of psychological principles to the workplace.
Interactive course study with I-O psychologists from private and public sector organizations and consulting firms create ample opportunities for engaging internships and research.
A strong foundation for a successful career is offered through
- Flexible course scheduling and curriculum design
- Use of the Scientist-Practitioner Model
- Internship and Practicum program options
Our graduates work in a variety of organizational settings on
- organization change and development,
- talent management,
- leadership development,
- conflict management,
- team dynamics,
- strategic human resource management, among others.
An active alumni network and alliances with professionals in the field contribute to the strong outcomes attained by our graduates. A sampling of job titles and employing organizations of recent graduates is below:
|Coca-Cola Refreshments||HR Business Partner
|Hartford HealthCare||Director of Talent Acquisition|
||Kenexa BrassRing Senior Consultant|
|Amazon||MBA Recruiting Coordinator|
|GE Corporate||Leader, Executive Development|
|NASA||Human Resources Specialist|
|Montclair State University||Director,Learning & Development
|EXPRESS||Organization Development Specialist|
Select from three distinct program concentrations:
- Industrial-Human Resources Psychology
- Organization Development and Consultation
- The Psychology of Conflict Management