The entire University of New Haven community is looking forward to your arrival.
1. Apply for a Student Visa and Confirm your Attendance at the University of New Haven
- Pay the $200 SEVIS fee PRIOR to your Visa Interview.
- Apply for an F-1 Student Visa at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your Country.
- AFTER you Obtain your F-1 Student Visa, Complete the enrollment survey that has been emailed
to you or send us an e-mail to email@example.com to reserve your academic seat.
2. How to get to the University of New Haven When You First Arrive in the USA
- Take the Shuttle Bus from New York Airports to the University of New Haven.
- Driving Directions to the University of New Haven.
- Take the Bus or Train to the University of New Haven.
3. Housing and Living Arrangements
- Apartments near the University of New Haven.
- Hotels Near the University of New Haven.
4. Steps To Take When You First Arrive on the University of New Haven Campus
- Visit the International Services Office (ISO) in Echlin Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 200.
- Present Your Final, Official Bachelor's Degree Transcripts and Proof of Graduation
to the Office of International Graduate Admissions in Echlin Hall, Room 210.
5. Steps To Register and Pay for Classes
- Attend the International Graduate Student Orientation and Registration Program. This program is MANDATORY for all new international students and you MUST attend ALL the program sessions.
- Bring your passport, visa, original I-20 or DS-2019 forms for you and your dependents
when you attend orientation.
- Meet your academic advisor to select your courses. Remember to bring your acceptance
letter 1+2 when you meet with your academic advisor.
- Register for your classes online using the University's online registration system,
- Pay your first term charges.
- Submit your Health Examination Report to the Health Services Office. It's MANDATORY for all new students.
- Obtain Your Student Identification Card.
- Once you've completed all of the above mentioned steps, you will be able to start
6. Important and Helpful Information
- The University of New Haven is offering all full-time international students a health
insurance plan. Students will be charged for the cost of this plan on their tuition
bill. The cost of the plan will be $1,315.00 for the year. In the United States, medical/health care costs are extremely expensive.
- Medical/Health Insurance is a way to decrease the costs of medical expenses that will
occur if an individual becomes sick, injured, or needs prescription medication. Because
of the high costs of healthcare in the United States, ALL F-1 & J-1 VISA INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are required by the University of New Haven
to purchase Health Insurance.
- Remember to print out this Orientation Newsletter and bring it with you when you travel.