In order to obtain an I-20 once you're accepted, you must submit the following:
- An ORIGINAL current bank statement from your sponsor(s) indicating that the required
funds are available. The bank statement must be written in English on official bank
letterhead and must contain an account number and the amount of money available in
U.S. dollars or its foreign currency equivalent. The bank statement must be also signed
by a bank official and dated within six months of the intended semester of admission.
The sponsor(s) name(s) must be clearly mentioned on the bank statement.
- Government-sponsored or company-sponsored students must submit an official letter
from their sponsoring government or company indicating which costs (tuition, fees,
health insurance, room, board, etc.) will be provided.
- Proof of English language competency. For more information, please click here.
If you would like to receive your I-20 form once you get accepted, be sure to send
the above documents along with your application materials.
If you will be accompanied by your spouse and/or children, you must show the following:
- An additional $6,000 in financial support for the first dependent and for each dependent
after that you must show an additional $5,000.
- You also need to provide clear copies of your dependents passport name page, a marriage
certificate for you and your spouse and a birth certificate for each accompanying
child. The certificates must be in English.
The university would then issue immigration documents that include your dependent(s)
which would allow them to apply for the F-2 dependent visa.