Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

FAQ's for Transfer Students

Common Application Frequently Asked Questions for Transfers, Military, and Veteran Applicants


How do I get to the Common Application?

To complete the application for full-time Undergraduate Admission please go to

How do I create a new account?

On the main Common Application page click on the “Applicants” tab. Next, click on “Create an Account.” On the next page complete the entire page with your demographic information. Also, indicate that you will be enrolling in the next 12 months and that you will be a transfer student.

How do I add the University of New Haven to my Common Application?

Under the “College Search” tab search for “University of New Haven”.  Next click the check- box next to University of New Haven and it will be added to your “Dashboard”. Lastly, select the “Dashboard” tab to bring you to the specific area which will show you which portions of your application need to be completed.

Where on the Common Application do I let UNH know that I have served in the military?

Click on the “Common App” tab the demographics section allows you to select your U.S. Armed forces status.

Does the Registrar at my current school submit my transcript though the Common Application?

No. Although you must complete the Registrar Section in order to submit your application, you will still need to request an official transcript from all colleges/universities attended be mailed to:

University of New Haven- Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Bayer Hall

300 Boston Post Road

West Haven, CT 06516


Do I need to complete the Academic Evaluator section?

Although the Academic Evaluator section is required in order to submit your application, the UNH does not require a Letter of Recommendation unless applying for Dental Hygiene degree programs.