I wanted to take a couple of minutes to update you on all the great developments taking place in the UNH Alumni Association. Perhaps you will find opportunities to reconnect with your alma mater and participate in some of the activities going on at UNH.
Your Alumni Board has a done a great job of championing many different initiatives that continue to grow each year. The two primary pillars of our Alumni Board strategy are to establish a national and, eventually, international presence for our Alumni Association and to connect our alumni with current students and recent graduates.
Below is a sampling of some of our initiatives. To contact me or another board member to learn more about these programs and events, visit our Contact a Board Member website.
- We have started a New York City alumni community that will begin hosting events in 2013. This promises to be a great way to meet fellow UNH alumni in the greater NYC area and to take part in some interesting programs. To learn more about upcoming events, contact Fred Marra.
- In addition to our NYC initiative, we had a very successful alumni event in Chicago last September and will be looking to grow our presence in the Midwest in the future.
- Our events committee is planning an Alumni “Day of Caring” this spring. To learn more, contact me.
- Our Benefits and Services committee is working hard to establish networking opportunities to connect current students with our extensive alumni base to help increase their exposure to job opportunities. To assist with this important initiative, contact Deb Serphillips.
- Our Alumni Board nominations process has started. We are looking for alumni who are interested in playing a key role in the growth of our alumni community. To learn more, contact Nyle Davey.
- It is also important that we all try to do our part to help support the University’s continued growth. A simple yet critical way each of us can help out is to give financially. Every amount makes a difference. Currently, a little more than 10 percent of our alumni population gives back to the University. Our alumni participation rate helps influence national rankings and advances the momentum taking place on campus. To learn more, contact our Fundraising Committee chair, Paul Goglia, or make a gift to UNH.
As we look to the future, I am incredibly excited about the continued prospects for growth at UNH. I fully appreciate all the demands each of us has on our time, but speaking from my own experience, I am sure you will find your engagement with us rewarding and enjoyable.
I hope I get a chance to work with more of you in 2013.
UNH Alumni Board President