The following databases and analysis programs are available in the Bergami LCFT to support teaching and research.
1) SAP - is the World leading enterprise management software. The software organizes and coordinates all organizational resources such as inventory and sales management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger … it combines all enterprise data.
2) Research Insight - Both Compustat North American and Compustat Global. This database contains general company information as well as financial and market data. Standard reports and charts are available, and it also allows user defined screening. The Compustat North America database includes companies listed on U.S. stock exchanges. The Compustat Global database includes companies listed on foreign stock exchanges. Read this PDF for brief instructions on how to use Research Insight.
3) CRSP Stock and Mutual Fund Data - Stock price, volumes, returns and other data for U.S. exchange listed companies from 1926 to present. Click here for instructions in PDF format. The CRSP web page has documentation about the databases and sample programs about how to download data. Click on Documentation at the top once you enter the web page and read the different manuals.
4) I-Metrix (Edgar Pro) – Contains SEC filings for both individual companies as well as mutual funds. It also allows search and screen, and downloads to Excel. Click here for brief instructions on how to use Edgar-Pro online.
5) Value Line Investment Survey Online - Value Line reports, ratings, and data on stocks and mutual funds. Click here for more information.
6) Morningstar Direct – Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, currency, hedge fund information and more. It allows for screening and downloads to Excel. It also contains industry comparison financial ratios. Users can access user manuals, training manuals and videos and get certification.
7) King of Pension Funds - Database of pension funds provided by Judy Diamond Associates.
8) SBRnet – Includes marketing data for sporting goods and sports-related businesses.
9) Reuters Reuters EIKON – A financial data feed and analysis tool, includes up-to-date pricing, news and other information on stocks, bonds, foreign currency and commodities. It also has analyst forecasts and ratings of companies. The analysis components include charting and technical analysis capabilities. Click here for brief guides. For online training and to watch pre-recorded training videos provided by Reuters, click here.
A database of stocks, bonds, derivatives and other instruments in different financial markets. It also has data on many economic variables such as interest rates, exchange rates, inflation, GDP growth, CDSs, etc. for almost all the countries of the world. DataStream is one of the most comprehensive financial databases.
View a brief guide here.
1) SAS - Statistical software, generates descriptive statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, etc.
2) SPSS - Statistical software, generates descriptive statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, etc.
3) EViews - Statistical software, generates descriptive statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, etc.
4) Crystal Ball - Excel add-on simulation software, performs Monte Carlo simulation and optimization analysis.
5) Great Plains - Microsoft Business Solutions.
6) Peachtree Accounting – A complete accounting process and reporting software.
7) Quickbooks - A complete accounting process and reporting software.
8) BARRA - Data feed with analysis capabilities such as optimization and portfolio risk analysis.
9) Stata – Statistical/Econometrics program to perform such tasks as descriptive statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, and testing.
10) Smart Draw – Program for facilities design, flowcharting and other design tasks.