Program Director: Summer McGee, Associate Professor
Ph.D., C.P.H., The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
The Future of Healthcare. Today.
Our Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) program provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to lead a healthcare organization in the 21st century. The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) at the University of New Haven offers a flexible, cutting-edge 36 credit master’s degree in healthcare administration. The program provides a deep understanding of the past, present and future of healthcare. We equip you with the skills necessary to identify challenges and changes in the healthcare system and to effectively address and respond to these issues.
By taking courses that cover the 5 domains of healthcare management you will have a strong foundation to equip you to work in today’s healthcare workforce. With four focus areas you also can have the highly specialized knowledge that is desired by modern healthcare organizations.
The MSHA program at the University of New Haven is an a Associate Graduate Member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) and the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
Features of the Program
- Expert faculty with a wide range of experience in healthcare, public health and business
- Diverse courses that allow you to specialize in the area of healthcare in which you want to work including population health and public health, health informatics and data analytics, healthcare policy, quality and finance, and leadership and ethics.
- Flexible scheduling with an individualized degree plan made for every student
- Accessible courses offered on evenings, weekends, and online
- Internships at some of the nation’s highest quality and most respected healthcare organizations
- Career mentoring available for every student
- An active graduate student organization that offers a network of peers
- 100% of graduates report being employed after 1 year and 6 years after graduation
- Program graduates are admitted to competitive administrative fellowship programs and doctoral programs.
- Graduates are highly sought after by Human Resources recruiters from topi hospitals in the region.