The Healthcare Administration program offers an MS in Healthcare Administration degree, six concentrations and two graduate certificates. Many of our students earn multiple certificates and/or concentrations while earning their MS in Healthcare Administration.
Below is a description of our core curriculum for the MS in Healthcare Program. Descriptions of each of the concentrations and certificates are found in the Academic Catalog (available via the links on the right side of the page).
A total of 42 graduate credits is required for completion of the master of science in healthcare administration. The program consists of nine required courses (27 credits) plus five courses (15 credits) that may be taken as unrestricted electives or used to complete one of the six concentrations in the master’s program. Courses may be taken online, onsite or a combination of the two.
- MG 630 - Management Information Systems in Healthcare
- MG 640 - Management of Healthcare Organizations *
- PA 611 - Research Methods in Public Administration
- PA 625 - Administrative Behavior
- P 619 - Organizational Behavior
- PA 641 - Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations
- PA 651 - Healthcare Ethics
- PA 669 - Healthcare Policy, Planning, and Execution
- PA 690 - Research Seminar
- PS 635 - Law and Public Health
- PA 642 – Healthcare Delivery Systems
Plus 5-6 electives or concentration courses