The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) Cohort program has been designed for working healthcare professionals at Yale New Haven Health System. This program is offered in "cohort" format at the Yale New Haven Hospital Campus for busy working professionals with a minimum of 2 years of full time work experience. The cohort students all follow the same set schedule and meet one day a week for 7.5 weeks per course enabling them to complete the degree in 24 months. This format helps working professionals balance graduate school with the demands of family, work, and other responsibilities. Students who complete the cohort curriculum also receive a Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management.
Classes meet weekly from 4-9:30 p.m. and are held on the Yale New Haven Hospital campus in New Haven, CT. Meals are provided during the class sessions. The class schedule follows the University of New Haven academic calendar. This program is offered annually starting each Fall.
Features & Benefits
- Earn a master's degree in two years without career interruption
- Earn a graduate certificate plus the MSHA degree at the same time.
- Learn from distinguished faculty teaching a practical curriculum
- Have a faculty or professional mentor who will guide you through the program
- Learn in a collaborative environment with seminar style classes with fewer than 20 students
- Expand your network of business peers
- Benefit immediately from work-related, practical assignments
- Receive meals and books as part of the cost of tuition
- Keep the tuition cost locked for the duration of the program
- Study with the same students in a cohort throughout the program
In additional to the traditional MSHA program admissions requirements, the YNHH cohort program also requires a minimum of two years of professional experience in healthcare.
|HCAD 6600||Introduction to the US Health Care System|
|HCAD 6601||Management of Health Care Organizations|
|HCAD 6602||Management of Information Systems in Health Care|
|HCAD 6653||Management of Human Resources in Health Care|
|COMM 6623/HCAD 6607||Communication in Health Care|
|HCAD 6603||Financial Management of Health Care Organizations|
|HCAD 6604/PSCI 6635||Law and Public Health|
|MGMT 6637||Management Process|
|HCAD 6671||Health Care Leadership|
|PADM 6611/HCAD 6606||Research Methods|
|MGMT 6670: Speciall Topics||Challenges of HR in 21st Century|
|HCAD 6605||Health Care Ethics|
|HCAD 6608||Health Care Administration Capstone|