The University of New Haven chapter of Upsilon Phi Delta is a selective national academic honor society for graduate students studying healthcare management and policy. The Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) oversees the national operations of Upsilon Phi Delta.
To recognize, reward, and encourage academic excellence in the study of healthcare management and policy.
The purposes of this honor society shall be:
- To elevate the standards, ideals, competence and ethics of professionally educated women and men in healthcare management and policy and leadership.
- To recognize and encourage scholarship in healthcare management and policy.
- To recognize students who achieve distinction in healthcare management and policy studies in the University of New Haven.
- To provide financial assistance through scholarships to outstanding students pursuing graduate degrees or professional studies in healthcare management and policy.
- To motivate academic excellence in students studying healthcare management and policy.
- To recognize, by means of granting honorary memberships, to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the profession, such recognitions to be limited to one person per year.
Benefits of UPD
- Opportunities that promote career development
- Social and professional networking with others in the healthcare administration field and students that have navigated the MHSA program
- Access to scholarships and careers as sponsored by AUPHA at the UPD national level
- Possibilities for Officer/Leadership positions for experience and resume enhancement
Become a Member
The University of New Haven chapter of Upsilon Phi Delta is open to graduate students. To be eligible for membership, students must: 1) Be accepted into the Masters of Science in Healthcare Administration program; 2) have a minimum 3.75 cumulative GPA; 3) currently have completed at least 12 credit hours; 4) complete Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society Application; and 5) must show leadership and dedication to the healthcare administration field.
Faculty Advisor & Selection Committee
Summer Johnson McGee, Ph.D.
Program Director, MS in Healthcare Administration, Associate Professor of Management and Director, University Wide Shared Health Professions Department
Office: Maxcy 216a
Summer McGee, PhD, CPH
Glenn McGee, PhD
Tom Giordano, MBA
Dave Fusco, MS
|President – Sandra Marlow||Executive Assistant – Mark Sabal|
Vice President – Lauren Grieco
|Treasurer – Jamie Gilbert|
Communications Officer – Victoria Taiwo