Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Undergraduate Credit for Students

What is the process to receive college credit at UNH?

Secondary school students may receive UNH College Credit for PLTW courses by being enrolled in a PLTW-Certified High School and meeting the eligibility requirements. Transcripted credits can apply for various engineering programs at the University of New Haven.

When secondary school students receive UNH college credit for PLTW courses, a transcript is developed for them. This transcript shows the UNH-equivalent course name and number.

Since these students are receiving college credit for college-level work, there are certain rules that must be followed by every PLTW-certified school to ensure the integrity of the exam and process:

  • The final course exam must be given exactly as it is written, with no alterations.
  • Students must take the exam immediately at the conclusion of the course.
  • All exams must be given prior to June 30th of each calendar year for students completing the course that year.
  • Students must submit an “Undergraduate Admission Registration Form” and pay for UNH credit before  December of year of completion of the final course exam.
  • Teachers should use the grade report form template to electronically submit their students' grades prior to the end of the school year.

These rules are in place to ensure that the college credit process is handled equally in all PLTW-certified schools, that all students are tested based on the same curriculum and exam questions, and that those students receive credit based on curriculum and knowledge in place at the time the course is taken.

Several actions are not acceptable in the college credit process:

  • Exams may not be altered in any way. UNH will periodically require that the graded exams be submitted for review.
  • Students cannot decide later in their high school career that they want to receive credit for courses taken in previous years.
  • Teachers may not tutor their students after they have completed the course or give the exam after a tutoring period.
  • Current exams may not be used for review in the classroom. PLTW provides previous exams for the review process.

For addition information contact the PLTW affiliate assistant or affiliate director at UNH.