July 14th and 15th
(Tuesday and Wednesday) 2-Day Program
The Samuel S. Bergami, Jr., Learning Center for Finance and Technology (LCFT) invites you to the summer 2014 Finance Academy. The Summer Finance Academy has the objectives of acquainting college aspirants with career opportunities in business, college life, our economy, financial market, financial
math, personal finance and other important topics. All sessions are conducted by UNH faculty members.
Day 1: Focuses on career opportunities and discussions of general economic and investment principles
- Over view of career opportunities in business in general and finance in particular
- Over view of principles of economics, our economic environment,the role of the government and government institutions, financial markets and institutions, principles of investing
- How to run a business?
- All with mobile tech app
Day 2: Involves hands-on analyses of different areas of finance and applications
- Financial Mathematics and their applications to everyday life: mortgages, car loans, student loans
- Time Value of Money applications using MS Excel
- Personal Finance including financial planning, uses of credit/debit cards, credit reports, saving alternatives
- Computations and data quotes with mobile devices
Each day’s sessions are interspersed by visits to UNH residential, dining and recreational facilities.