- Start early
- Confirm your eligibility
- Match your project to the funding agency's priorities
- Read and follow the guidelines for submission
- Consult with the Office of Grants & Sponsored Programs early
- Consult with agency Program Officers as appropriate
- Proof/edit your proposal; share with colleagues for feedback if possible
- Be mindful of the time necessary to create budgets, cover sheets, appendices, and letters of support
- Obtain approvals on the internal routing form
- Submit your proposals in a timely manner
Links for grant information sheet and internal routing form
Budget preparation guidelines
What is this thing called F&A?
You may also find helpful information on the Peterson Library grant pages.