Contact: Natalie E. Jones, J.D., M.A., Assistant Director, Campus Access Services
Please SAVE THE DATE for Disable the Label Day, which will take place on Tuesday, April 15, 2014!
The aim of Disable the Label day is to raise awareness, while appreciating the diversity brought to our campus by students who have various disabilities.
We encourage students, staff, and faculty to participate in these important events throughout the day:
- Relax and visit with visiting therapy dogs from Canine Companions
- Come to an adaptive sports presentation
- Learn about Accessible design, Supporting Students on the Spectrum, and Supporting Students with Mental Illness from our panel of professional speakers
- Learn about different disabilities from our panel of student speakers
- Watch a performance by the Free at Last Players, a theatre group dedicated to dispelling the myths and misconceptions that surround mental illness
- Visit resource and activity tables in Bartels
Each activity you participate in gives you a chance to win prizes!
More details (time/location) about the events will be coming soon!
Thank you to our generous co-sponsors Delta Alpha Pi, Student Activities, SCOPE, and Sigma Chi