At the University of New Haven, we value your health and that of our entire campus community.
Due to the busy nature of many physicians' practices, we recommend scheduling a physical examination and (if necessary) immunizations with your doctor as soon as possible. It is strongly preferred that you submit your documentation to us by July 1. The absolute deadline is prior to Opening Day (August 22).
Submit the Following Form
Medical forms are enclosed in the admissions packet that was mailed to you when you made your enrollment deposit. You may also download the form at the following link.
Click here to download the Physical Form
page 1 and 2 (Student)
page 3 and 4 (Clinician)
Full time students must have proof of the following:
According to University policy and Connecticut state law, ALL incoming full-time students must provide proof of (required):
- Physical examination before entering school. The physical must be completed within one year of entering school.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). The first dose of MMR must be given after the student's first birthday, and the second dose can be given 30 days or longer after the first dose.
- Injection must be after 1/1/69 to be valid. (Injections given before first birthday or prior to 1/1/69 are not valid.)
- Varicella (Chicken pox). Requires 2 doses, or history of having the disease, or titre showing immunity.
- Copies of lab results or blood test for measles, mumps, rubella and vericella will be accepted as proof of immunization as well.
- Tuberculosis testing within the past 12 months.
- One injection of the Meningitis vaccine. If you are planning on living in University sponsored housing, you MUST have received this vaccination and be able to produce valid proof.
- One injection of the Meningitis vaccine.
In addition to the above listed REQUIRED vaccines, we also strongly recommend the following:
- Hepatitis B vaccine (three dose series)
- Hepatitis A vaccine (two dose series)
- Gardasil (HPV vaccine) - three dose series
Note: If you were born prior to January 1, 1957, the vaccine requirement does not apply. However we ask you to complete the physical exam form, circle your birth date and return it for our records.
DEADLINE: Preferred by July 1. You must submit proof of physical exam and immunizations before Opening Day.
If you have received the required vaccines, please submit proof of immunity, i.e. records from school, parent's records or copies of lab results of blood tests (for rubella and rubeola titres), along with the completed physical form to:
Health Services Office
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516