Overview of the of the Academic Peer Mentor Application Process
Application folders can be picked up in the Office of Residential Life, located in bottom floor of Bixler Hall, M-F 830-430. Completed application folders must include a completed application, two letters of recommendations and a cover letter and resume and are due Friday, March 15th by 4:30pm in the Office of Residential Life. Late or incomplete application folders will disqualify your candidacy automatically.
The Career Development Center is available to assist you with your resume and cover letter, which are required as part of the Academic Peer Mentor application. To assist, they have the following available programs and services:
- Resume Writing Workshop: Monday March 4, 3:05pm – BSAC
- Cover Letter Writing Workshop: Tuesday March 5, 1:40pm - BSAC
- Walk-In APM Resume/Cover Letter Review Day: Friday March 8 – BSAC
Should you move forward in the selection process, you will be invited to participate in an interview with members of the selection team. You will be asked to present at this time (on one of the topics below that you select) in addition to answering a series of questions.
- As an APM you will be required to provide programming on a variety of topics that foster academic success. Please prepare and conduct a 3-5 minute presentation on a topic that is relative to academic success. You can present with any means or in any format you choose!
- Program Planner and Flyer: You will fill design a program that you would like to plan. Give your program a title, create a budget, develop a marketing plan, list the supplies you will need as well as possible presenters, think about the learning outcomes you hope to achieve and create a creative flyer for that program.
- Creative Project: Academic Peer Mentors are students who have had a positive experience as a member of the UNH community and seek to give this experience to others. In a creative way (art, pictures, poetry, short story, video, etc.) illustrate the elements of your experience that have influenced you to aspire to become an APM.