Welcome Returning Resident Assistants!!!
Thank you for your interest in returning as a Resident Assistant at the University of New Haven for the 2013-2014 academic year. We have already begun the new RA Selection process for next year, so it is important that we know your employment intentions for the upcoming year. It is our hope that you have enjoyed your experience and are planning on returning to our team!
Below, you will find information about the application process for Returning Resident Assistants. As you start your application, please read through all of the information completely as some aspects of the application process have changed. As you continue through the process, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Residential Life or your Resident Director if you have any questions.
If you are undecided at this point, please make it a point to seek out your Resident Director or Area Coordinator to discuss your situation.
Returning RA Eligibility
- Selection of persons for the Resident Assistant position is based on the leadership experience, recommendations, interviews, and the candidate’s concern for, and sensitivity to, the welfare of the UNH students.
- Resident Assistants must be in good academic and conduct standing with the University. Applicants for the Resident Assistant must not be on disciplinary probation and must maintain this status throughout the employment period.
- A cumulative GPA of a 2.5 is required to apply for the position. Once hired, a GPA under 2.5 will result in the Resident Assistant being placed on probationary status.
- Applicants for the Resident Assistant position must be enrolled in the University as a full-time undergraduate student making “satisfactory progress” (as outlined in the Undergraduate Catalog) and continue to meet these criteria during their term as a Resident Assistant.
- Resident Assistants must give the job precedence over all other extracurricular activities and work (no more than 15 hours per week unless you speak directly to your supervisor for approval to work up to 20 hours max).
- You must currently hold a Resident Assistant position or have held a Resident Assistant position within the Office of Residence Life for a least one full semester.
Here is a very brief overview of the application process for the Returning Resident Assistant position.
Returning RA Application Process
- Returning Resident Assistant Application – (Applications must be submitted online by Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 @ Noon)
- Letter of Recommendation – Please request a letter of recommendation from your current Resident Director or Area Coordinator to be submitted to the Office of Residential Life by Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 @ Noon.
- Create a resume –You will need to provide a paper copy of your current resume. If you need assistance in developing your resume, visit the Career Development Office. (The resume is due at the time of the your interview)
- Individual Interviews – Your individual interview will last roughly 30 minutes and will be conducted by three members of the Office of Residential Life staff who will to discuss your re-hire application responses. Once you have completed your application, you will be contacted by the Office of Residence Life to set up an interview. Please bring all necessary materials with you. (Interviews will take place throughout the day from Monday, February 11th through Wednesday, February 13th)
- Notification Letters – Offer letters notifying you of your status as a member of the 2013-2014 Office of Residential Life staff will be sent out via e-mail to all applicants by February 20th, 2013.
The Resident Assistant position is a vital part of the UNH Residential Life staff. Your interest, cooperation and enthusiastic participation are gratefully appreciated! Should you have any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Office of Residential Life.