Breast Cancer is something that affects many people. Whether you know someone who has breast cancer or know someone who has been affected by breast cancer, it’s a very real thing and something people need to be aware of.
Here are some statistics to make you realize how prevalent breast cancer is in America
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Will less common, 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer each year
- 40,000 women and 410 men die from breast cancer each year.
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer for women worldwide.
- The good news is death rates from breast cancer have been declining. This is due to early detection, increased awareness and improving treatment options.
Breast cancer is a very serious topic and there are a large number of people who are currently battling breast cancer. This month the Office of Residential Life is having “Girls Love Mail” tables where you can write letters of support to people currently battling breast cancer. These tables are in the Bartels programming area on Wednesday, October 15th from 11:00AM to 1:00PM and Thursday, October 24th from 4:00PM to 6:00PM.