Mission of UNH's Greek Life Program
The mission of Greek Life at the University of New Haven is to enhance the personal development of its members through involvement in social Greek-letter fraternities and sororities, in accordance with the mission of the university. Greek Life cultivates a community based upon academic and personal success, culture, friendship, history, and tradition. Greek Life is committed to the fulfillment of the following core values: personal growth, community engagement, brotherhood/sisterhood, scholarship and lifelong involvement. Through the values and standards that bind us to our respective organizations, Greek community, and university, we are committed to strengthening our membership through personal growth, scholarship, and service.
• To challenge our organizations and members to live by the rituals and values of each organization;
• To empower our organizations and members to reach their full potential by providing them with opportunities for academic achievement, personal growth, and co-curricular involvement;
• To demonstrate involvement through community engagement, civic relations, service and philanthropic endeavors locally, nationally, and internationally;
• To facilitate cultural awareness and diversity amongst all social Greek-letter organizations;
• To provide an inter-fraternal family of caring brothers and sisters who accept and respect all, who strive for life-long unity.