Going Greek is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Fraternities and sororities are values based organizations who strive to uphold academic, service, and philanthropic standards.
University of New Haven's Greek Life has a deferred recruitment process. Students wishing to become a member of a Greek organization must have completed one full semester in attendance at UNH prior to participating in new member processes. This allows the first year student entering college, the opportunity to settle into the college environment and establish a GPA before committing to an organization. It allows the student to associate with all of the organizations before deciding on a particular one. The student has ample time to consider whether going Greek is something he or she may really want to pursue.
Go Greek Week is a values based week for undergraduate men and women filled with educational programs on hazing prevention, tours of each fraternity and sorority, information and activities for organization's philanthropies, social engagements, and a campus-clean up.
- Saturday, September 1: Charge Out with the Greeks at the march for the first home football game, along with a tailgate at North Campus.
- Monday, September 3: Participate in activities during the Greek Field Day on the Bot/Bix Quad.
- Monday, September 3: Tours of Greek Organizations. Please meet in Bartels Cafeteria.
- Tuesday, September 4: Get information about the Greeks on campus at the Greek Fair from 12-3PM in the Bot/Bix Quad.
- Wednesday, September 5: Check out the charities Greeks tirelessly raise money for year round at the Philanthropy Night in Bartels Cafeteria and Alumni Lounge. Event takes place from 9PM-11PM.
- Thursday, September 6: Get started on your community service initiatives in college. All day Greeks will be participating in a campus-clean up. Sign-up to participate in this event at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Week begins September 10-14
Recruitment Week is designed for students to attend fraternity and sorority specific events on or off campus to better engage in their core values and brotherhood/sisterhood activities. Check out each fraternities and sororities events by meeting in the Bot/Bix Quad starting September 10th at 8:45PM.
Fore more information contact: email@example.com