Welcome to the University of New Haven! We are looking forward to your arrival on August 22, 2013.
Many of you participated in SOAR this summer which was part one of the two part orientation program at UNH. Part two, Welcome Week, is fast approaching and we hope that you are as excited as we are about the beginning of the fall semester. Your participation is mandatory from August 22 to August 25.
New Resident Student Check-in
Click here to access the Opening Day Map (PDF), which details which campus entrance you should use, available parking lots, and check-in areas.
Check-in for all resident students will take place, as listed below, on Thursday, August 22, at your assigned residence hall (with the exception of Dunham, Campbell and Ruden who check in at Dunham Hall):
8:30am to 11:30am Bixler and Bergami Hall
11:00am to 2:00pm Botwinik, Bethel, Dunham, Ruden and Campbell
8:30am to 2:00pm Winchester, Sheffield, Regency, Forest Hills, and Main Street
The following information pertains to all new resident students
- In order to avoid any problems or delays at check-in, your student account in the Bursar’s Office should be paid in full prior to your arrival on campus. Should you have questions regarding the status of your account, please contact the Bursar’s Office at 1-800-DIAL-UNH, x7217.
- Look for the upper-class students with red "Welcome Wagon" shirts who will be available to assist you with unloading your vehicle and moving your belongings into the residence hall.
- Hand trucks and carts will be available on a first come, first served basis to assist you with move-in.
- Banking Information: Wells Fargo Bank, which has an ATM on campus, will have representatives in the Beckerman Recreation Center from 9:00am - 2:00pm on Thursday, August 22nd to assist with opening new student accounts.
- Address Changes: If your address or phone number has changed, please notify the Registrar’s Office at 203-932-7301 so that the University has your most current information.
- Health Service Forms: Please mail your Health Service forms (four page physical and immunizations) directly to the Health Services Office by Friday, August 9 at the latest as this will facilitate your check-in. However, if you are unable to meet this deadline, please contact Health Services directly to discuss alternative arrangements. Health Services will be open from 8:30am - 4:30pm. We strongly suggest that you make two copies of the forms: one to keep on file at home and a second copy to bring with you on check-in day, Thursday, August 22. We also strongly suggest you make a copy of your immunization records and also bring one with you on check-in day, Thursday, August 22. Remember that resident students must be in compliance with the required meningitis immunization prior to being permitted to move into the residence halls. Please contact Health Services directly at 203-932-7079 if you have any questions.
- Bookstore Hours: The Bookstore will be open on Thursday, August 22nd from 8:30am - 7:00pm. You may pre-order books or rent them directly from the Bookstore website at www.efollett.com. Simply set up a user account, choose the books according to your schedule and provide a method of payment. Your books may be shipped to you or held at the store until you arrive on campus. The Bookstore accepts MC, VISA, AMEX and Discover as well as the UNH Campus Card as forms of payment. Please contact the Bookstore at 1-800-DIAL-UNH x7030 if you have questions.
Schedule is subject to change. Please check back for updated information.
|8:30am-4:30pm||University Offices Open|
Resident Student Check-in: Bixler Hall & Bergami Hall
New Student Resource Fair: Beckerman Recreation Center
Resident Student Check-in:
New Student & Family Welcome: Bixler/Botwinik Quad
|3:15-3:30pm||Family Members Say Goodbye|
|3:30-4:15pm||Time with your Orientation Leader|
|4:30-5:00pm||Class of 2017 Photograph|
Charger Fun Time & Dinner: Kayo Field/Bartels Campus Center
Residence Hall Meetings:
Ice Cream Social & Music: Bixler/Botwinik Quad