Information for Parents


Many parents of college students experience concerns or worries regarding their child’s well-being. The Counseling Center has psychologists on staff to help students with any transitional issues or emotional problems. If you have concerns about your student, please encourage them to seek help at the Counseling Center. Please view our home page for our location, hours, and contact information.


Web Resources

Jed Foundation
Tools and advice to help parents talk to their children about emotional issues, understand the resources available on campus and identify the warning signs of mental illness and suicide.

Transition Year
An online resource center that helps students and their families focus on emotional health before, during and after the college transition.


Sometimes situations arise that are considered crises or emergencies. The following departments can help get a quick response in an emergency situation. However, please view our emergencies page for details on whom to contact and when. 

  • Campus Police: 
  • (203) 932-7014
    Counseling Center:
  • (203) 932-7332
    Dean of Students: 
  • (203) 932-7432
    Health Services: 
  • (203) 932-7079
    Residential Life: 
  • (203) 932-7076