International Student Orientation
January 6 - 24, 2020
Document Check-in is required for all new F-1 and J-1 international students*. All students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these check in times prior to the start of classes on January 22, 2020.
Please bring your passport, I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1), and your I-94 to the International Services Office (ISO) at 19 Ruden Street, Lower Level at one of the following times:
Early Check-in: January 6 – January 10 (19 Ruden Street)
- Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (19 Ruden Street)
- Friday, January 10, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m (19 Ruden Street)
Regular Check-in: January 13 – January 17
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Vlock Center, Maxcy Hall Room 103)
Orientation Week Check-in times: January 21 - January 24 (19 Ruden Street)
- Note that the University of New Haven will be closed on Monday, January 20 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Tuesday, January 21, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. (19 Ruden Street)
- Wednesday, January 22, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (19 Ruden Street)
- Thursday, January 23, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (19 Ruden Street)
- Friday, January 24, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. (19 Ruden Street)
* Failure to comply with Document Check In could result in a visa violation. Failure to attend the required orientation sessions will result in a HOLD on your student account.
Airport Pickup Services
The University of New Haven is offering complimentary airport pickup for new international students arriving to John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport and LaGuardia Airport in New York between Monday, January 13 and Sunday, January 19 for flights arriving between 6:30 a.m. - 11 p.m. Additionally, University of New Haven staff will be at JFK during the weekdays (Monday- Friday) to personally greet students arriving between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Sign up details will be sent by email by your admissions counselor.
Students may also consult the website for instructions on How to Get to the University of New Haven.
The Spring 2020 International Orientation is offered online in the Blackboard learning system is required for all new F-1 and J-1 international students. All students must login to MyCharger and click the Blackboard icon. Once logged in to Blackboard, students must select the course titled, “Spring 2020 International Orientation” and complete all modules and quizzes within the course. The orientation contains beneficial information to help students understand visa regulations, learn about resources on campus and how to adjust to life at the University of New Haven and in the U.S.
It is strongly recommended to complete the course prior to the start of classes on Wednesday, January 22. The online Orientation requirement must be completed by the add/drop deadline on January 29, 2020.
If students have trouble accessing the course, they should email email@example.com.
Please note that the International Services Office also requires all new students attend the mandatory International Student Welcome Luncheon on Friday, January 24 from 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. in the Beckerman Recreation Center. The Welcome Luncheon provides new students with the opportunity to receive valuable information and make connections with University of New Haven staff and students.
|New student move in day for on-campus residence halls.|
|University closed in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Graduate Students - Graduate Student Orientation
|Undergraduate Students - Winter SOAR 2020
|First day of classes|
|10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||International Student Welcome Luncheon
|10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Snow Date for International Student Welcome Reception
|2:00- 5:30 p.m.||Bus trip to Connecticut Post Mall
|6:00 - 9:00 p.m.||New Student Welcome Party