Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Make a Gift of Securities

If you have non-cash property, such as stocks and mutual funds, that has grown in value (appreciated) and been held long-term (more than one year), you can generally enjoy greater tax savings from donating such property than from donating an equivalent amount of cash. That's because a gift of appreciated property lets you avoid capital gains tax that could be due if you sold the asset. You also are entitled to a charitable deduction based on the property's current value, including the "paper profits" you have earned. 

Click here to download the stock transfer form.

  1. Office of Advancement

    University of New Haven
    300 Boston Post Road
    West Haven, CT  06516

Parameters for image-map-2:{}