Application Procedure for Part-Time Students

Undergraduate Students

The University of New Haven has a rolling admissions process for part-time undergraduate students (we do not have specific deadlines). Applications are accepted and processed up until the start of the specific academic term. However, we strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.

All new students must submit an online admission application. There is no application fee to apply for part-time undergraduate admission.

In order for your application to be processed, please submit official transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended as well as an official copy of your high school transcript.  A satisfactory General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is acceptable in place of a high school diploma. If you are a veteran, please submit your official Joint Services Transcripts, CCAF or Air University Transcript.

Transcripts should be sent to the following mailing address:

University of New Haven
Attention: Part-Time Enrollment Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Anemone and Steven Kaplan Hall (formerly Bayer Hall)
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516

Once You Have Been Accepted/Processed:
  • You will receive a letter from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

  • Shortly after, you will receive two emails from the Office of Information Technology. The first will include your unique University student ID number and your University of New Haven Network password. The second will include your login and University email address. (These emails are being sent to you separately for security reasons).  This will give you access to your myCharger portal account, through which you will gain access to all the technology resources you will need, including information on registration. (Former University of New Haven students will not be receiving the emails but their previous accounts will be re-activated).

    If you have questions regarding your student ID number, password, login or email address, please contact the Campus Card Office (203) 932-7062 or for assistance.

  • According to Connecticut State Law (Public Act 89-90) all students born on or after January 1, 1957 who are entering an institution of higher education must show proof of having received immunizations. You must have an "Immunization Form" completed by your physician and submitted to the University of New Haven's Health Services Office by the first day of the academic term. Further "Part-Time Student Immunization Information" can be found on the Health Services webpage.
Former New Haven Students

Former University of New Haven students who have not attended the University within the past semester must complete this Reactivation Form (note: you may be required to resubmit your previous credentials if the University no longer has your records on file). Please note that students who have attended the University previously will still have the same User ID and password for accessing the Banner Student Information System once you have been reactivated. An academic advisor will review your prior coursework to determine which catalog year you may return on and remaining required coursework for graduation.

Non-Degree Students

Students applying to University of New Haven as a Non-Degree/Visiting Student should select "Non-Degree" as their intended major. "Non-Degree/Visiting Students" do not have to submit official transcripts. However, if you intend to register for a course that has a prerequisite you will be required to submit copies of your college academic transcript(s) to verify that you have met any prerequisite requirements for your course(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for Non-Degree/Visiting Students.

Non-Degree student are NOT eligible for financial aid.


High School Students: Due to space limitations in our courses at the University of New Haven, students who are still in high school are not eligible to take a part-time course during the main academic year unless they are in one of our special partnership programs. High school students who are entering their junior or senior year of high school are eligible to take summer session courses. Please contact Brittany Drobinske, (students with last names A-K), , (203) 931-2914, or Colby Vere, (students with last names L-Z), , (203) 932-7379 for further information.

International Students:  If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, you must submit copies of your current Immigration documents to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. International students attending another college or ELS program in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa who wish to take courses at the University must also submit a letter from the International Student Services Office at their current school verifying their immigration status. The letter must also give permission for you to enroll at the University and for which specific term.