New Student and Transfer Orientation (SOAR)
SOAR is designed to provide you with a seamless transition to the University community while connecting you with your fellow classmates and sharing valuable information. Please know we are committed to creating a vibrant and engaging SOAR experience for you and your classmates.
Highlights of SOAR:
- Learn about the various campus resources available to you.
- Get an inside look at student life and how to get involved on campus.
- Interact with the dean of your academic school or college and students from your major.
Login to your Accepted Students Portal to sign up for SOAR
Students must register their family members to attend Family SOAR from within their Accepted Student Portal.
Sign Up For SOAR
2023 SOAR DATES
Details coming soon!
- Thursday, June 22 & Friday, June 23
- Monday, June 26 & Tuesday, June 27
- Monday, July 10 & Tuesday, July 11
- Thursday, July 13 & Friday, July 14
What is SOAR?
- SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration) is our orientation program for students to learn more about academic and student life at the University
- An opportunity to welcome new students to our campus community
- A time to meet and connect with your Orientation & Transition Leader (OTL), who is a current University of New Haven student
What do new students do during SOAR?
- Learn about academic and student life opportunities and resources
- Learn how to make the adjustments necessary to achieve success at the University
- Connect with your Orientation & Transition Leader, who serves as a resource for any questions you may have over the summer
- Receive your Fall 2023 class schedule
- Meet lifelong friends
- Have fun!
"I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Having the opportunity to meet new people and find my first semester schedule were definitely a few of the highlights from my SOAR experience!" Student
View Student Orientation Dates (through 2026)
Schedule subject to change.
2023 2024 2025 2026 June 22 & 23 June 20 & 21 June 23 & 24 June 22 & 23 June 26 & 27 June 24 & 25 June 26 & 27 June 25 & 26 July 10 & 11 July 8 & 9 July 14 & 15 July 13 & 14 July 13 & 14 July 11 & 12 July 17 & 18 July 16 & 17