Fazel Mohammadi, Ph.D.
Dr. Fazel Mohammadi received the Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Windsor, Windsor, ON, Canada. He is the founder of the Power and Energy Systems Research Laboratory. Dr. Mohammadi is a Senior Member of IEEE and an active member of the International Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE), the European Power Electronics and Drives Association, and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). Based on the Web of Science yearly records, since 2019, Dr. Mohammadi has been the first-rank reviewer in the fields of power systems and power electronics in Canada and in the world.
Dr. Mohammadi is a member of IEEE Working Group PS2004 and CIGRE Working Groups C4.64, C5.33, B4.84, C5.30, B3.52, and B3.56. He is an Associate Editor of the IET Renewable Power Generation journal. He has served as the Keynote Speaker and Technical Advisory Board Member at multiple IEEE conferences.See More
Power and Energy Systems
Power Electronics and Drives
High Voltage Engineering
- F. Mohammadi, R. Rashidzadeh, "Impact of Stealthy False Data Injection Attacks on Power Flow of Power Transmission Lines—A Mathematical Verification," International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 142, Nov. 2022
- F. Mohammadi, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, G.-B. Gharehpetian, M. Hasan Ali, W. Wei, O. Erdinç, M. Shirkhani, "Robust Control Strategies for Microgrids: A Review," IEEE System Journal, Vol. 16(2), Jun. 2022
- F. Mohammadi, "Lithium-ion Battery State-of-Charge Estimation Based on an Improved Coulomb-Counting Algorithm and Uncertainty Evaluation," Journal of Energy Storage, Vol. 48, Apr. 2022
- F. Mohammadi, K. Rouzbehi, M. Hajian, K. Niayesh, G. B. Gharehpetian, H. Saad, M. Hasan Ali, V. K. Sood, "HVDC Circuit Breakers: A Comprehensive Review," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 36(12), Dec. 2021
- A. Moradzadeh, K. Pourhossein, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, F. Mohammadi, "Locating Inter-Turn Faults in Transformer Windings Using Isometric Feature Mapping of Frequency Response Traces," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 17(1), Oct. 2021
- F. Mohammadi, R. Rashidzadeh, "An Overview of IoT-Enabled Monitoring and Control Systems for Electric Vehicles," IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, Vol. 24(3), May 2021
ELEC 4437: Electrical Power Systems
ELEC 4440: Power Electronics
ELEC 6660: Introduction to Smart Grid