Your Academic Advisor can serve as a resource to many unanswered questions. Here are some common questions that you can ask at your advising meetings:
My goal in life is to become _____________________. Do you feel that you can give me good guidance in order to reach this goal?
- What is the best way to reach you?
- What is the difference between a certificate and a minor? Should I get a minor?
- Is there a guide to help me plan the courses I need to take for my degree? How do I access this information?
- Can I double major? What would be a good option for a second major?
- Can I change majors if I change my mind? How?
- How do I access my GPA? How to I calculate it myself?
- How do I find out what transfer credits are accepted and what their equivalencies are?
- What are the benefits of pursuing a higher degree given my major?
- When should I schedule another meeting with you?