The choices you make will have an impact not only on you, but also on the UNH community. We are committed to helping you make positive choices which will serve as a critical foundation for your future success.
The faculty and staff of the University of New Haven share your hopes for a rewarding and purposeful experience, both in and out of the classroom, while a member of our community. Your academic success and personal development is the purpose of your four years at UNH and we look forward to partnering with you on this exciting educational journey.
As you are aware, alcohol is a significant issue in life and in the lives of college students in particular. Whether or not you abstain from alcohol, it has an impact and influence on our lives and those of our family and friends.
The University of New Haven has partnered with EverFi, whose mission is to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and financial literacy in high schools and higher education institutions across the country. Each year over 1/2 million students complete AlcoholEdu for College - their online, non-opinionated, science-based alcohol abuse prevention course.
This is not an over-simplified, lecture style program about the use of alcohol. It is a thoughtful and engaging educational program for young adults committed to thinking about their life choices. Additionally, there is an embedded education program about sexual misconduct on college campuses, which discusses the intersection of alcohol and choices regarding sex along with campus resources available to students.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, UNH expects each member of the first-year class to complete AlcoholEdu. Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers. Your physical and emotional health, now and throughout your life, will serve as a critical foundation for your future success. The choices you make will have an impact not only on you, but also on the UNH community as a whole. We are committed to helping you make positive choices for the shared benefit of all members of our community.
To fulfill the University of New Haven’s requirement you must achieve the following:
Complete the Final Exam with a 70% grade or higher
Complete Part 1 (approx. 2-3 hours) by: August 19th, 2013
Complete Part 2 (approx. 15 min) by: October 4, 2013
AlcoholEdu Login Instructions
- Always sign in through the inside UNH portal: https://insideunh.newhaven.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
- Once inside the portal, click on the CAMPUS LIFE tab
- Then click on the ALCOHOLEDU COURSE link inside the STUDENT SERVICES box at the upper left hand corner (this will automatically sign you into the course)
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings. Sections end with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience technical difficulties, click the “Help” button to access the 24/7 help center.