Here is a brief overview of the RA application process. Information about each aspect of the application process will be covered at the mandatory informational sessions. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Residential Life.
- RA Application Available – Click on the RA Application link to begin your Application. (DUE, Tuesday, November 12th by 4 PM)
- Attend a Mandatory Information Session – More information about information session times can be found in the RA Selection Information section. (Thursday, October 31st to Thursday, November 7th)
- Recommendation Letters (with Recommendation Form) - All letters of recommendation must be returned with recommendation form to the Office of Residential Life by Tuesday, November 12th by 4 PM. The recommendation form to distribute to references is available here. Please see information about selecting your references in the application section.
- Resume - You will need to provide a paper copy of your current resume with your application. Please turn resumes into the Office of Residential Life located in Bixler Hall during normal business hours , Mon-Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM. (DUE, Tuesday, November 12th by 4 PM)
First Round Application Review – Applicants’ files will be reviewed and only candidates who meet the requirements for the position and have submitted a completed application will be reviewed. After review of the candidates’ file, candidates will be notified via e-mail regarding their status in the selection process. Applicants that are chosen to move forward after this initial review step will be invited to participate in an individual, in-person interview.
- Individual Interviews - Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 through Thursday, November 21st, 2013 – Each interview will last roughly 45 minutes and will be conducted by members of the Office of Residential Life Staff. If you are contacted and offered an interview you will need to schedule your interview at the Office of Residential Life on Monday, November 18th - 8 AM to 4 PM. Note: Interviews will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please remember to bring your completed Personal Portfolio (see below) with you to your scheduled interview.
- Notification Letters – All candidates will be sent letters notifying them of their status as a candidate for the RA position via e-mail by Monday, November 25th, 2013.
- Notification of Acceptance - Candidates selected as Residents Assistants will have until Wednesday, November 27th, 2013 at 10 AM to accept the offer for a position.
Applicants who are offered interviews will need to complete the following steps. During the interview process you will be asked to bring the following items to your interview:
- Personal Portfolio – Create a personal portfolio and bring it with you to your interview. More information about creating a personal portfolio can be found here.
Note: All portfolios must be picked up by Friday, December 6th, 2013 or they will be discarded.